5/12/14

Sundaes on Mondays

A Seussical-inspired poem for our Little Lady:

Come closer, my child, even closer, my dear. 
Lean in and take in each word that you hear. 

All day you must listen and adhere to commands. I promise someday we'll speak more than demands. 

Stand up, sit down, feet up, arms in. 
Please don't move an inch, not even your chin.

And if you decide to eat beans with your hands, you must pick up each piece, wherever they land.

Move back! Let's go! We haven't all day!
Your teacher is waiting, no time for ballet!

If you finish your chores and our voices are mute, just wait for a second - another request is en route!

LL's quotes:
- (While watching the movie Beethoven - he was looking for his soulmate): "It's okay, Beethoven. I've been there. I'm there right now. I'm just like you."
- Me: "What's that smell?" LL: "When cotton candy hits the air, it turns into a gingerbread smell."
- "My clown had a sad face when she first got here, but now she has a happy face." (The clown's face is painted on, but I'm glad she thinks the clown is happy now.)
- Bry: "There's a little boy at my school whose mom does everything for him. She even brushes his teeth for him. I'm proud of you for doing a lot of things on your own!" LL: "That boy needs to learn how to brush his own teeth!" 
- "Dear Jesus, thank you for helping me get all that gas out. Seriously!"

We rarely have dessert on week nights, but we did tonight. 

Yum!

Our daily notes to her are stacking up. 

I love to watch the two of them play and read together.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.