5/8/14

A jacuzzi for Jesus

Are you usually sad?
Yes, because I miss my mom. 

Do you ever feel alone?
Sometimes. 

When I am alone...
...I am scared. 

I cry...
...when I miss my mom. 

It is nice to...
...be with my mom. 

It bothers me when I...
...can't be with my mom. 

I wish I were...
...with my mom. 

These questions went on for about 5 hours today during our Little Lady's psych evaluation. 

Needless to say, she had a looooong day. 

When I picked her up from after care, I asked her how many questions the lady asked her. She said, "About 15." I'm pretty sure it was closer to 150. 

LL's quotes:
- "We used to eat cereal with water. We couldn't afford milk."
- "My cousin had to leave a thousand million things behind when we left our house."
- "You're being a queen right now. Queens are demanding."
- "You always say, 'someday we'll do that.' When is someday?!?!?? When I'm 8???"
- "That was not a good day. And that day was yesterday!"
- "This is my Mexican freckle. I got it in Kindergarten when I sat next to a little girl from Mexico."
- (Me, trying to explain what frankincense and myrrh are to a 7 year old): "Can you think of the most expensive gift you could give someone?" LL (thinking really, really hard): "A jacuzzi!" Me: "Well, the kings wanted to give Jesus the most expensive gifts they could find, and for them, it was bottles of perfume. For you, it'd be a jacuzzi." :)

Getting ready for school. 

Bye, Bear. 

Harvest time at the Hills' house.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.