5/18/14

One step forward

"Can you please cut this tag for me? It's kind of itchy."

I don't know if anyone will ever understand why these few, simple words almost brought me to tears this afternoon. 

Unable to contain my excitement, I started bouncing around the kitchen and high-fiving our Little Lady. 

See, just a few weeks ago, this very same issue would've sent our LL into an inconsolable, hysterical mess. She would've been crying and screaming about how horrible of a person I was. Yes, me, even though it was her sweater itching her back.

I know there will be ups and downs on this journey, but for now, we're on an "up," so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts and cheer her on when she shows progress like this!

LL's quotes:
- "What's it mean when you get baptized?"
- "What if people wore their underpants over their clothes? Girls would never do that."
- "Me and my family used to be allowed to burp on purpose."
- "This is why I like this church. Laurie Ann goes here AND there are signs in the bathroom."
- "I've pet a cow before."
- Me: "I'm so proud of you for washing your hair on your own. Now I have time to wash my face and get ready for bed. I used to have to do that after you went to bed." LL: "Oooohh....that's why you're grumpy in the morning."

"Let's go explore over there!" Love our little adventurer! 


Silly string attack. 

Wish you could see the huge smile on her face!

"Your wishes have been granted."

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.