5/28/14

Do you dare me?

Dare me to eat this whole taco?

Dare me to open this jar?

Dare me to pour this glass of milk?

Everything was a dare for some reason today. And they were for the strangest things. 

We met with a few of our Little Lady's case workers tonight to update them on her progress. We got some disheartening news, but it's all the more reason to lean completely on the Lord and trust that He knows what is best for LL. 

LL's quotes:
- "I've been away from my dog so long I don't even know what she looks like."
- "We gotta get home, Mr. Brian. No pit-stoppin'!"
- "Jesus visits the earth every 100 years or so." 
- "My cousin and I used to fight and I was 6 and he was 5. It wasn't really play fighting. Sometimes it was real fighting cause he thought he was a know-it-all!!"
- "Lucy, from now on, you need to fart in the bathroom."
- "Ugh! I can't get this peanut butter open. How the heck do mice get in there?"
- "I have lots of energy, but I never use it up."

Working on her best clapping stance.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.