5/27/14

I'm sorry

My sweet Little Lady,

I try not to let myself feel sorry for you or think about how horrible your situation is. When I do start to think about it, it completely overwhelms me with sadness and it's hard to bring myself out of that state of mind. But, I need to let you know that I AM SORRY. 

I'm sorry you must be here and not with your mommy. 

I'm sorry you had to move to a new school. Again. 

I'm sorry you've had to add words like "CPS" and "case worker" and "foster child rights" to your daily vocabulary at such a young age. 

I'm sorry you have to be within earshot of Mr. Brian or me 24 hours a day and you can't work on building your independence. 

I'm sorry you had to get new clothes and none of them smell like your old wardrobe. 

I'm sorry you had to leave your dog behind and that you have to worry about whether or not someone is going to feed her while you're gone. 

I'm sorry that you've had to ask if you'll see your grandma again before she dies. 

I'm sorry you haven't seen anyone familiar to you in 45 days. 

I'm sorry you have more questions than we have answers. 

I'm sorry that we'll never see you again if you are returned to your family. 

You'll always have a place in our home and in our hearts. 

I'm sorry. 

------------------------------------------------

LL's quotes:
- "Look how clean my feets are!"
- "I'm a modest unicorn." (She came out of the bathroom wearing her unicorn towel.)
- "That's all that dog cares about. That bone!"
- "My dress smells like sugar gliders!" Long story short, Bry's parents bought two sugar glider babies over the weekend and Jan had taken LL's dress home to sew it. We got the dress back yesterday and LL is convinced that she can smell the sugar gliders. :)
- "What do flashbacks look like? Have you ever had one? Sometimes mine are scary. It's okay to be mad, scared, or sad. But the most greatest of all things is to remember happy." Preach it, girl. 
- "When I grow up, I'll have that yearbook, but I won't be able to show my picture to my kids when I was small cause I'm not in the yearbook." I'm sorry. 

Sending our Little Lady (and Lucy) off to school in style! 

Piggy-back rides to the mailbox. Cause, why not? 

My favorite time of the whole day.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.