5/21/14

One

In the voice of the guy who does all the movie previews, I bring you this attraction...

One parent. 
One glass of milk. 
One minute before bed. 

If you put these pieces together, it makes a story called my evening with our Little Lady. Bry had a fever, so he went to bed around 7:00. That left the little one and me to fend for ourselves and make dinner, get her bathed, read, and so on. One minute before bedtime, she broke her glass of milk on the tile floor, which meant that I spent the next 20 minutes cleaning it up and scrubbing the floor, looking for remaining shards of glass. 

Ironically, LL was singing, "One is the loneliest number you could ever choose" over dinner. These lyrics seemed to describe our evening together pretty perfectly.

I'm so grateful that I'm not alone in this journey 99% of the time. I don't know HOW you single mommies do it out there. I'd say Bry is my better "half," but I think my better "75%" would be more fitting. He always fills in where I fall short and he goes way above and beyond for our family. Nights like this remind me how thankful I am to be married to him. 

LL's quotes:
- "Sometimes I went to bed without having dinner. We'd say good night and just go to bed."
- LL: "I don't wanna go to school." Me: "Why not?" LL: "Cause I have to learn tooooooo much. I don't like learning everything, but I do like learning math."
- "We don't have a 'door holder' job in our class. Anyone can hold the door. It's so easy."
- (After reading about how the angry Pharises wanted to get rid of Jesus) Me: "The men were angry and jealous enough to kill Jesus." LL: "That was a chance he was willing to take." 

I loved joining my Beanie Baby, J, and C at story time over my lunch break today! It was SO fun!!! P. S. That's the outfit I bought him - isn't it adorable on him?? I just love that kid.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.