5/13/14

Day 40

While we still love surprising our Little Lady, something has quickly replaced our new "favorite thing" with her...and it's name is...unsolicited hugs!!!! 

We each get a few of these a day and there's just nothing like it. 

LL seems to have really made some progress with us over the last week or so. I think we're on an up-swing. 

In other news, we made it to day 40! Foster parents cannot have a babysitter until after the first 40 days of placement. That means one, or both of us, have been within ear-shot of LL 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, unless she was at school, for the last 40 days. I'm not at all saying I don't want to hang out with my girl, but it would be really nice to go on a date with just my hubby sometime this month (especially because our anniversary is in a week!)

LL's quotes:
- Bry: "Some of my teachers were not making good decisions today." LL: "You should send them to grown up detention!"
- Me: "Lucy was being a crazy dog while you were gone today. She was doing laps and running in circles and she pulled my laptop chord out of the wall and my laptop fell on the ground." LL: "Oops. She probably learned that from me."
- Me: "Hurry and go get your shoes on. I want to take you somewhere special!" LL: "Ooohh...a thrift store???"
- "I'm just not used to all of these rules!" 
- "There's a bad word in this song, but they changed the word so kids could listen to it. They thought only adults would like this song, but kids like it, too."

I surprised this little one at school during lunch today! 

I spy something adorable. 

"The mailman keeps bringing us all this trash."

Fuzzy's Tacos for dinner.

Checking on our baby bunny friends. 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

1 comment:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.