5/10/14

Good night, little fish

Today was just the BEST.

It wasn't any one thing in particular. In fact, it could've been an awful day, but everything was right in our world when we said good night to our Little Lady. After spending 6.5 hours in the pool today (at two pool parties), I said, "Good night, little fish." She usually responds with, "Night." But tonight, she said, "Good night, big fish." 

And it was in that moment that I felt connected to her like I never have before and I felt my heart do something funny. 

It kind of felt like falling in love, only different. 

LL's quotes:
- "What?? You were watching this while I was asleep?" (After she saw that the TV was on the sports channel.)
- "One time I stayed up all night except for five minutes cause I kept watching pieces of Dumbo!"
- "My nana was 88 when she got bit by my dog. 88, 89, 90, 91, she's workin' on 100! What if I don't get to see her again before she dies?"
- (Sound of glass breaking.) "We're gonna have to go check on that boy. If something happened to both of you, I'd be all alone. I'd have to FaceTime Ms. Chrystal everyday."
- "The minnows probably just got out of school."
- (Hurt herself twice in 20 seconds.) Bry: "The earth is a dangerous place for you." LL: "I should live on Mars, then."
- "This is really hard, but I know I can do it!"

"I've never been so amazed at the country."

Carrying Mr. Brian's pack for their hike while I took my Beanie Baby's 6 month photos! 

LL: "Look at my muscles!" Kiss, kiss. Me: "Did you just kiss your muscles?" LL: "Yup. That's what boys do."

Hammock time!

Peek-a-boo. I see you. 

We found a bunny nest in our backyard! They're so adorable!!!

Pool time!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.