5/29/14

LL's Song

There'll be times 
when you feel 
so down in your heart. 
You just pray, you just pray. 
There'll be times 
you will feel 
all alone in the dark. 
Don't be scared, He is there. 

There'll be times 
when you miss 
some people you love. 
You just pray, you just pray. 
There'll be times 
when you'll be 
in the light of His arms. 
Don't be scared, He is there.

There'll be times 
when you don't 
have any friends 
and someone asks you, 
do you have any friends
There'll be times 
when you feel 
so down in your heart. 
You just pray, you just pray. 

There'll be times
when you feel 
so bad for your dad
Just pray to Him
Just pray to Him
Just pray to Him

There'll be times 
when you're all 
alone in the dark with your stuffed animals. 
Don't be scared (yawn) cause He is there.

There'll be times 
when you feel 
all alone in the dark. 
You just pray to him, you just pray to him.

(Key change) 

There'll be times 
when you have
nobody to talk to.
But, there really is
just pray to Him.
There'll be times 
when you miss
your mom and your dad.
When you're sad,
just pray to Him.
There'll be times 
when you're so,
so bored in your class.
Just pray to Him,
when you're ready to nap.

Just pray to Him
Just pray to Him
Just pray to Him

Yeah, yeah

That is the last 
song I'm gonna sing.
So enjoy it 
and keep it in you. 
And you'll feel so good with Him by your side. Yeah
You'll feel good

Just pray to him. 
Just pray to him.

"Just Pray to Him, LL's Song"
Written and sung by LL 5 minutes before she crashed, May 29, 2014

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL's quotes:
- "But the whole point of getting married is so you can date." Something like that.
- "Was Ms. Anie scared when she had Emit?" (Emit is a snake.)
- "I wish I could rewind my life so I could see all the things I missed when I wasn't looking."
- "Why was I so excited and not hot earlier?"
- "I shall be ready to do my time in right now."
- "Scratch that part out, God." (Said in the middle of her prayer.)
- "Did you like that prayer so much you want to cry?"
- "Why am I not seeing my mom every week?"
- Another made-up song before bed: "I'm a coyote, I yell at the moon. I howl at the moon...oooohhhh....yeah!"

My sister-in-law is amazing. She's so thoughtful and she has such a giving spirit. For Mother's Day, she made me Oreo cake balls because she saw that I pinned them on Pinterest and she knew I'd never have time to make them, so she did. And she has a 6 month old! Yeah, that's how thoughtful she is! Exhibit B: This amazingly gorgeous necklace. She wanted me to have something with LL's birthstone so I'd always have a piece of her with me, even if she has to leave. I mean, come on....seriously!?!?!? She's the best. When LL saw it, she said, "Only people who raise me get to wear my birthstone."

"I wanna try your skirt on, Ms. Julie!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went to a (FREE) festival/football game at the local high school tonight. They had bounce houses, food trucks, games on the field, and other fun things going on. It was the perfect way to let our Little Lady get some energy out! 









LL made friends with the volleyball player pretty quickly, but she was more interested in playing with the cheerleaders. 

Within 17 seconds of meeting them, she had them in formation and she was telling them what to do. Most of the commands included, "Watch me do a cartwheel."

We walked all the way to the top. 

Bry and LL. 

LL and me.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! Tears! what a beautiful and deep song for such a little one. She's so precious.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.