5/14/14

It's all good

In case you're wondering, our Little Lady still prays that her family members do not get ticks every. single. night. She had a tick in her back 19 days ago for about 5 minutes, but it definitely made a lasting impression. It's the last thing she says every night before she goes to bed, "and please pray for my whole family that they stay safe and don't get ticks."

A permanency hearing was held today for our LL. While we obviously can't share anything about her situation, and regardless of how her parents respond to their treatment plan, it's still a lose-lose situation all around. Just another reminder that we live in a broken world full of messy people and junk. As soon as I mourn the fact that there's even a need for a foster care system, I immediately think of the blessing LL is to us and suddenly I'm grateful for it. 

LL's quotes:
- "That can't be Santa! His eyes don't even look jolly!"
- "If I were a baboon, I'd climb trees and be mean. I'd be a badboon."
- "What do I smell? Is that a shushy dog?" (Translation = a hush puppy.)
- LL: "How'd the rabbits get in our backyard?" Bry: "They dig holes in the fence." LL: "You might not want to say that word in front of her (the dog.)"
- "It's hard for me to let people help me, but I still let her."

Morning cheeks full of cereal and full of smiles! 

"I have a dog. Her name is Lucy. I love her very much. She is my dog. She likes to chase rabbits. Although she likes to chase rabbits, it's all good. And if I were mad, I would still love her. The end. I love her."

"I'm going to pick up trash so you don't have to ask me to!" (I wouldn't have asked her to, but it was so awesome of her to do so!) 

Such an awesome kid. 

Shaking her finger at the people who littered. 

"I wanna take a picture in front of the dead flowers."

Such a great man. Holding B's diaper bag and my purse! 

Fun times on Bry's shoulder.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.