6/1/14

Let's start from the very beginning, again...

We finished reading through LL's Bible last night. We read one story a night, unless we were late on bedtime that night. We read about 44 stories together, all of which "whispered" Jesus' name (as the subtitle suggests) and tonight, we started back at the beginning. If you have kids around her age, you should definitely get them this bible. The pictures are gorgeous and the stories are simply beautiful. If you don't already own it, let me make it super easy for you - go here and buy it for about $10. You will not be disappointed!

I will never forget the time we've had with her reading through this book.


LL's quotes:
- "Let me guess what you're going to say....by 'we,' you mean ME?"
- "That's a giant van fitting all the men!"
- "I won't be a kid forever. I don't wanna grow up."
- "Jesus is everywhere. I bet he's writing down everything we're saying right now."
- "You're gonna be amazed at what I did to this fat pear."
- "This apple (a glass apple Bry got as an award) is killing it!"
- "My parents made me with sweet spices and everything nice and giggles."
- Me: "Do you have any prayer requests before we pray?" LL: "Please pray for my baby bunny. She lost her family in a soup accident." 
- "I wish I was born in the 70s. You should've seen my disco moves."

Something amazing happened today! Aubrey got baptized!!! It was such a special moment and I'm so glad LL was there to experience it with her. Love these kiddos like they're our own! It's been such a blessing them watching them grow up for the last 11 years or so. 

LL couldn't wait to hug "Aubs" (as she calls her) after she came out of the water!

LL and Paige! Uh oh...she already has pretty expensive taste. :)

We're so happy for you, Aubrey! 
LL got lots of gifts today. The first gift she opened was from my momma...new earrings from her shop. They're beautiful on her!

Her second gift came from Angela and her family in Thailand! She got a shirt, hair clips, nail art, pencils, and a cute pencil pouch. Thanks SO much, Angela! She is one blessed and loved little girl!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.