6/15/14

I thought I loved you before

Happy Father's Day to an amazing man. I loved you before, but then I saw you become a dad. Overnight. Now I love you even more. Love you, baby! 


Here are just a few reasons why I love watching you be LL's interim dad...

1. You're the goofiest, funniest, most amazingly awesome dad. EVER. I love how carefree and unashamed you are when you're with her. 

2. You take the time to teach our Little Lady how to cook, grill, and bake. You even let her mess up and make messes. And then you explain why something went wrong. And then you let her fix it herself. She'll be an amazing chef someday...because of you

3. You love to take her on adventures and share your love of the outside with her. And you don't even judge me or complain when I decide to stay home and share my love of the inside and air conditioning with myself for a little while. 

4. You're just a good dad. End of story. No matter what happens to LL, I hope she realizes that you've significantly raised the bar for how a father should treat his little princess and how her future husband should honor her someday. 

5. You're a teacher at heart, and in real life. It's such a beautiful thing to watch you teach LL new things. She loves listening to you and learning from you. Oh, umm, except the one time you were trying to tell her about water towers and she said, "Why are you telling me this? I didn't even ask you about it." I don't think she was too interested in learning about that, but everything else should be fair game. Teach on. 

6. Above all, you're showing her the heart of Jesus and how He wants us to serve each other. If she forgets everything else about her time with us, I hope this one image stays with her forever. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL's quotes:
- "I like old people."
- "My dad gave me a consequence one time of mopping the floors. I'm gonna tell you a secret. I love mopping the floors! Especially with a SPONGE!!! So, it wasn't really a consequence."
- Me: "Will you remember Mr. Brian and me forever?" LL: "I don't know! I don't even have a picture of you!"

His first Father's Day...kind of. :)


Playing with Gizmo, the sugar glider, at Matt and Jan's! 

Sorry, it's blurry. She never stopped moving! 

Teaching LL how to play Farkle. 

Playing with her new umbrella from Japan and Jan's fan from Spain. 

I hope we don't get fired for giving her this much sugar. 

Checking out Tom and Shawn's "new" old truck. It is awesome! 

Playing in LA's room. 

Another great weekend in the books.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

3 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Father's Day, Brian. How exciting for you to have this honor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love! Y'all are doing it all just right! She is being loved. She is allowed to be herself. She is allowed to make mistakes and still know she's loved. She is learning about Jesus. She is learning to cook. She is learning to play. She is learning to use her imagination. She is learning to love the outdoors.
    She is learning to care about others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love. Bryan, you're amazing. Good choice Jules.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.