6/4/14

This is my temporary home

Our Little Lady sang the Carrie Underwood song, "Temporary Home" about 67 times tonight while she was in the bath. If you haven't heard it before, you should look it up. It was beautiful (and heartbreaking) to hear her little voice singing such profound lyrics.

This is her temporary home, but she will have a place here forever.

On another note, Bry and I had to take a second to reflect on how far LL has come in the last few months. This little girl was able to bathe, change, brush her teeth, and get ready for bed all by herself and she finished in about 15 minutes tonight! Who is this child?!?! This would've taken hours just a few weeks ago, and it only would've happened if we stood over her every step of the way. So proud of her!!

LL's quotes:
- "----- told everyone at school today that I'm in foster care. I told her she had 10 minutes to think about what she had done. She said she was sorry."
- (After she passed gas...) "I said excuse me three times because you're about to smell it in a second. Just wait. I'm waiting for another one to come in. I'll send it your way."
- Bry: "Stop scratching your bites, please." LL: "But I'm going to keep scratching because it's my body."
- "I know the sun is in space, but you can still see it."
- "My imaginary sister is sitting here."

LL using her new jump rope.


Playing with her FurReal friend.

Bry had to work late tonight (and by work late, I mean he had to join his team at a Rangers game!) He decided LL would be his +1, naturally, and she was SO excited! She'd been looking forward to it for weeks! They had a blast!





I wish you could see the nacho cheese all over her face!

Sweet and sassy. Don't mess with Texas OR this little firecracker.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.