6/19/14

Prayers...please?

Our Little Lady met with her therapist for the second time tonight. I can tell it's working because there were all kinds of loud noises coming from the room - the stereo on, stereo off, jumping off of the bed, jumping on the bed, running out of the room to ask for a snack, asking the therapist for gum, and that was all within about 19 seconds. I know it's working when she tries to avoid talking about her family. I hope she'll learn to trust the therapist and open up to her more each week.

If you have time, I would love for you guys to pray for Bry's grandpa, one of my aunts and one of my uncles. Within about 15 hours we learned that all three of them are going through pretty serious health scares.

Thanks, y'all!

LL's quotes:
- "My song turned off. It's breakin' my jam!"
- "I'm all about the cash, you know."

"Ms. Julie - look what I can do!"

Tummy tickle attack!

"Ms. Julie - look what I can do!" :)

Thank you, Paige, for the adorable baby doll bed. LL loves it!

Hard to see, but here's the baby doll all tucked in!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.