6/21/14

The day I accidentally baptized our Little Lady

I'm not really sure if it was official, but I may or may not have baptized LL at the swimming pool this afternoon. She swam up next to me and asked me to baptize her. I knew she was just in a playful mood and she wanted me to dunk her into the water, so I put my hand over her nose and began to bend her head back. She grabbed my arm and said, "Don't you have to ask me something?"

I'm not gonna lie. I was worried that if I asked the "official" questions, I might accidentally baptize her. I know, silly. But still, it seemed strange. I asked her if she loved Jesus and she said yes. As I went to dunk her a second time, she stopped me again and said, "Aren't you going to say something about the Holy Ghost or something?" 

Oh great, now I really think I'm baptizing her. Hopefully God knows this isn't her official baptism. 

Don't worry, I'm not a weirdo. I know that God knows her heart and that she'll surrender to Him in her own time. But still, have you ever fake-baptized someone? It's strange!!!

Itinerary for our first girls' day...
1. Put on matching robes with our matching PJs.  
2. Eggos for breakfast. 
3. Crawl back in bed to watch a movie. 
4. Go shopping!
5. Chick-fil-a for lunch. 
6. Swimming for hours with her BFF. 
7. A little bit more shopping. 
8. A dine-in movie to finish out the night. 

LL's quotes:
- LL: "Are you gonna live in this house forever?" Me: "I'm not sure. I guess we'll probably move someday." LL: "Awwww, but I love this house!!"
- "That's pretty much the problem with all kids. They don't even care about the food at McDonald's; they only care about the playground."
- "Smoking is bad for every part of your body. It's even bad for your bunions." (This may be the funniest thing she's ever said to me. EVER.)

"Trying out" the chairs at Garden Ridge. She approves. 

LL's new lampshade. We found it at Garden Ridge and it was on sale for about $2. Yes, please!!

"Wait - take another picture. Mr. Brian won't be able to see my headband that well."

After swimming all day, we finished the evening at the Alamo Drafthouse to see How to Train your Dragon 2. It was so great until LL started sobbing (loud and uncontrollably) in the middle of the movie. It was pretty eventful

Love this girl. SO much. I finally allowed my heart to begin the grieving process tonight on our drive home. She fell asleep, so it was safe for me to sing, cry, and pray for her and for her family. There are still so many unknowns about her future, but I'm preparing myself to say goodbye if I have to. We may only have days or weeks left to speak TRUTH to her and pour LOVE into her. God has a plan for her tomorrow, and the next day, and the one after that. I'm trusting Him to take it from here.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.