6/22/14

Don't blame Jesus

Our Little Lady's mood seemed to match the weather outside for most of the day today...a little cloudy, moody, and wet. I was happy to put her to bed in hopes that she'll wake up tomorrow with a new attitude. 

When I see her this way, I usually think that she's thinking about her mom and that she's sad thinking about the family and friends she left behind. I tend to assume that she's thinking about something really deep, and dark, and awful that happened to her. 

When I asked her what she was thinking about when we were driving home, I expected her to say one of these things, but instead, she said, "Second grade does division. I don't even know division. What am I going to do?? I only know that zero divided by one more equals one." (Errr....ok) 

I told her that every child learns division around the age of three or four when they have to learn to share candy. I asked her how many M&Ms we'd both get if there were only 8, and she said 4 within a few seconds. "That's all division is," I told her. "It's just making sure things are fair." 

Luckily, this seemed to calm her down for a few minutes. 

Honestly, I never would've dreamed that she'd be stressing about division when there are a million reasons she could be wallowing in self pity, anger, doubt, the list goes on and on. I am praying that she continues to fight with this resilient, forgiving spirit for the next few decades. 

If she does, she may actually make it through her teenage/college years without many regrets. 

LL's quotes:
- "You know me. I loooove my gravy."
- Me: "Do you have any prayer requests?" LL: "Yes, that my baby doll grows hair. But, don't blame Jesus if it doesn't end up happening." (Where does she come up with this stuff???)

Our second girls' day went off without a hitch, and only consisted of one time-in and a few tears. When Bry said he was going to go backpacking for 4 days, I was a little worried about how I'd do as a single parent, but everything went well. And good news, he came home early!

We painted pottery today with Shawn and LA. It was so much fun!!

Our Little Lady painted a unicorn with a rainbow backdrop. Naturally, she was finished in about 6 minutes, and then she had to sit and wait about 3 hours for the rest of us to finish. 

Getting her hand ready for the handprint. 

Making progress...

When both of the girls were finished, they played for a little while so Shawn and I could finish up. I didn't realize it, until Shawn told me to turn around, but the girls had acquired a 4-member audience to listen to their rendition of something about cherry coke and crunchy ice. 

Her finished piece! 

The girls. :)


We had so much fun! I'm glad we'll have this special piece of art that will stay with us forever, no matter what happens to LL. I'm also glad that she'll have her special piece with her so she can think about us whenever she looks at it. 

The girls having too much fun in the hat section at the toy store.

Strike a pose!

So much sass!

We went to Aubs' house afterwards. Bry would be happy to hear that we finished our girls' weekend by watching soccer AND baseball.

Love how these girls love our Little Lady!

So beautiful! Wish you could see her!!!

She asked to clean the pool. A few minutes later, she demanded to be paid. :)

Sooooo exhausting!

Ready for bed...we can't remember who gave her these baby PJs, but they're the most adorable PJs in the world!!!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.