4/30/14

It can't be that easy.

After reading about Naaman tonight, I explained to our Little Lady that God healed his heart (from pride) and his body (from leprosy), and that He heals us, too. She thought for a second and then asked, "What do you mean He heals us?" I gave her a quick overview of the gospel and what Jesus did for us on the cross. Looking puzzled, she said, "It can't be that easy. You must have to do something else. Like say you're really, really sorry to Jesus...or something." I explained that we could apologize to God a million times, but it would never be good enough. That's why His grace is so beautiful and perfect. 

I searched her eyes and her heart for a second to get a glimpse of what she was feeling, but in an instant, she moved on and wanted to know what the weather would be tomorrow. 

It was a beautiful moment, even if it only lasted for a minute. I know she'll have more questions as she grows closer to us and closer to the heart of Jesus. 

It was precious to hear her little voice read this Psalm; I hope she'll be able to read this confidently some day, knowing that the Lord is with her and he will take care of her!

God is my Shepherd
And I am his little lamb.

He feeds me
He guides me
He looks after me.
I have everything I need.

Inside, my heart is very quiet.
As quiet as lying still in soft, green grass
In a meadow 
By a little stream.

Even when I walk through
the dark, scary, lonely places
I won't be afraid
Because my Shepherd knows where I am.

He is here with me.
He keeps me safe.
He rescues me.

He makes me strong
and brave.

------------------------------------------------

LL's quotes:
- "She (her teacher) was testing me. I thought I was gonna get a consequence! Phew!"  
- LL: "What does goth mean?" Bry: "it means people who wear all black and they seem really sad." LL: "I wear all black sometimes, but I'm not a goth. I'm happy and strong!" 
- "Watch me! I'm a penguin!" (As she takes in a mouthful of water from one headless Barbie and spits it into another one.) "She's thirsty!" I don't know what it is about her Barbies, but their heads and hands don't seem to stay connected to the rest of their body for very long.
- "Does Lucy (the dog) have a husband?" 
- The case worker from our agency came over tonight to meet LL. She had a few things to say about the case worker after she left. LL: "Did you tell her that I don't listen? Cause sometimes I have important things to do, so I'm not always listening." She was also really offended by the fact that I had our expectations posters up on the walls. She was reading the part about how we change our underwear every 24 hours and she said, "Really??? Did you have to show her this???" 
- Me: "Any prayer requests before we pray and say goodnight?" LL: "Please pray that no one in my family gets ticks and pray I don't get adopted." Yeah, I definitely let Bry pray tonight and figure out how to word that one.  

Shopping for Barbie doll clothes last weekend at the Fiesta parade. 

"Can I start calling you JJ, or Ms. J?"

I shared one of my drawings a few days ago, so I decided I had to share one of Bry's! We love writing our little notes to LL! 

Sidewalk chalk fun! 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

1 comment:

  1. I love this little girl. I also love how you are teaching her to love our Creator. What I know and believe is this: however long she is with you, your purpose in her life is to expose her to His love and set her up for a life with her Father. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.