4/6/14

Day 4 with our Little Lady

We had about 5 almost-meltdowns today. We're starting to learn what triggers them and how to deal with each issue, or how to at least distract her from diving head-first into a full-on tantrum. Her hair almost became an issue this morning, but we anticipated it (because of what happened yesterday) and we talked about it before I started styling it. Voila! It only took 10 minutes!!! This was a huge accomplishment, since it took two hours yesterday. We told her how proud we were that she trusted me enough to do her hair and that she stayed patient with me the whole time. 

We're learning to set very clear expectations BEFORE walking into a store or before transitioning to the next activity. We'd rather have the fight in the car than argue about something in Walmart. She seems to be fairly compliant if she knows the expectations beforehand. 

Signs that we're becoming parents:
- Carrying two hair things on my wrist instead of one, in case her hair gets in her way. 
- Kids' church pick-up stickers, as LL calls them. 
- Checking on her 4 times during Kids' church. 
- Stocking up on school supplies to get ready for her first day tomorrow! (Thanks for the Visa gift cards, Lea/Travis/Hudson and the Shackelford crew!)

LL's quotes:
- "Once I got coal for Christmas." (Brian and I look at each other with sad faces.) "It's ok, it was gum!" (Oh, good.)
- I love goats. 
(I'm sure there were more, but that's all I can remember right now...already losing my memory!)

All dressed up and ready for church! 

You can tell a little girl is moving in. I love all the pink stuff that has recently found a home in our house! 

A pink, flowy dress, an umbrella, and rain puddles. This girl is happy! 

LL's new bedding and new night light. She's obsessed with this light! 

Let's see if I can win the clothes battle two days in a row! 

LL's backpack, school supplies, and lunch are all ready for her first day tomorrow (including a secret note from Bry and me!)

2 comments:

  1. A very pink post! ;)
    Glad you guys are learning her triggers to help her avoid meltdowns!
    One breath at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Liz! When I read back over it, I realized how much PINK was in the pics!

      Delete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.