4/24/14

Goodbye, Mrs. DeGeneres

I finally did it. I deleted all of the Ellen episodes that have been piling up on my DVR since November. Within about 5 seconds, they were gone. Who was I kidding...there was no way I'd ever be able to watch even a fraction of what I had recorded, so I was content with deleting all of it. 

There's now plenty of room for more Austin and Ally, Dog with a Blog, and other TV shows I never knew existed 3 weeks ago, but have made themselves comfortable in our home. 

LL's quotes:
- "My dad said he'd get me a BB gun. A PINK one. And camouflage."
- "You sure do have a lot of different rules here."
- "I used to eat 100% calories in honey."
- LL: "We used to do school at home." Me: "What was your favorite part?" LL: "Recess! We'd do recess all day long."
- "Something just bit me and gave me this freckle. I think it was an angel disguised as a moth."

I've said it before and I'll say it a million times more. My husband is incredible. Even on really hard days, he steps up to the plate and he goes above and beyond for us. I'm just so thankful to have him in my life. 

Grilling together. 

Front row seating. 

Doing our homework outside on this beautiful evening; taking a "book walk" to find wh, sh, th, and ch words! 

Dinner on the porch. 

Watching how Lucy gets her backpack on. 

Wish you could see her HUGE smile...she is always a giggling machine when he washes her feet. 

Goodnight hugs.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.