7/4/14

Our last full day in CO! :((((

Our last day in the mountains didn't disappoint. Well, if you don't count the afternoon showers that ruined our Fourth of July plans. It was still a great day, though!

LL's quotes:
- Me: "What does your jacket feel like?" LL: "I feel like a fluffy red velvet cupcake!"
- Me: "I thought you were from the country." LL: "I forgot to tell you. I'm not. My ancestors are."
- "How do you say 'come here' in chipmunk?"

Our day started at 7 am when we headed off to do a family hike around Bear Lake! 

"It's so beautiful!"




Love these two.

Yes, I hike in boots.





Victory!!

Hello, there.

Chipmunk kisses at 12,200 feet.

Elk at the top of the mountain.


She had been asking if she could play in snow all week. We finally found a place to pull off the road and let her run around. There was lots of squealing when she got back in the car. She loved it!

My girl. I'll never forget this week. I hope she doesn't either.

:)

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.