7/20/14

The original energizer bunny

I'm fairly certain it is close to impossible to drain our Little Lady's energy tank. Bry took her on a 6 mile bike ride this afternoon. You think she'd be exhausted after that, but when she got home, she immediately became antsy and asked what activity we could do next. 

She wakes up with a crazy amount of energy, first thing in the morning. (Come to think of it, this tends to only happen on weekends...how ironic.) Our weekend mornings consist of Bry and me trying to savor a few more minutes in bed before the pterodactyl-monkey runs in to jump, scream, and practice steam rolling over our bed. 

We finally fixed the vacuum yesterday, so she was so excited to vacuum the stairs. I wish I had recorded the yelps, screams, and giddiness that was coming out of her mouth. If I can put it into writing, it went something like this...

Next stair! 
Brush, brush, brush. 
Ah! Oh! Ahhhh!!!!
Brush.
Turn. 
Jump. 
Next stair!!!
Ahhhh! 
Eeeek!!!!
Brush, brush. 
Ooooooohhhh!!!!

I love how she loves life! Can't get enough of this energizer bunny. 

LL's quotes:
- "The farm eggs aren't fridgeable."
- "There's a lot of satellite electricity on my clothes."
- "I'm just a girl who likes to spit."

LL: "You guys like this look on her?" 

We celebrated both of my in-laws' birthdays today. Jan made this dress for LL even though it was her birthday party!
 
Playing Barbies with Ms. Jan. 

LL: "I checked all their underwear and most of them are real Barbies, but one of them is an imposter. And that guy? I don't know what he is. I didn't check his underwear."

At the end of the bike ride. I wish you could see her pitiful, exhausted face! 


They found a cattail flower yesterday! 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.