7/17/14

The "Foster Care Song"

"Can you put the foster care song on? It makes me feel good." 

When she asks this, we always know she's referring to "Temporary Home" by Carrie Underwood. We'll listen to her belt the lyrics at the top of her lungs as we try to hold back our tears. 

Little boy, six years old

A little too used to being alone
Another new mom and dad
Another school, another house that will never be home
When people ask him how he likes this place
He looks up and says with a smile upon his face

This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong

Windows and rooms that I'm passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know
This is my temporary home

LL's quotes:
- "What?? The whole point of going to church is to learn about Jesus. So what do people do in a Jewish church the whole time if it isn't learning about Jesus?"
- LL: "Ms. Julie, did I used to call you, 'Mommy?'" Me: "Nope." LL: "Well, I did used to call you, 'Hey,' so at least I don't do that anymore."
- "You've never had a child before me, huh?"

She was carrying this mirror around the house. Not sure why! 

It's crazy tie night at Camp Kmotion! 

Week 2 at Camp Kmotion! 

Dinner time 

Showing Mr. Tom what she made in art class with Ms. Shawn. 

Lucy and Chubbsica. Needless to say, LL was not very happy with me when she saw that I let Lucy do this to Chubbsica this morning. 

While LL was at Camp Kmotion, we went to dinner at Lockhart Smokehouse, then drove around, cried, and prayed. The grief is already setting in.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

2 comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.