7/19/14

To: B. Hiss

This just in...

Parenting kids is 85% defining new vocabulary words and 15% cleaning up sticky messes. 

Fair warning...sometimes those percentages are flipped. 

LL's quotes:
- "I used to get my way all the time. Kids should always get their way." Yeah....soooooo, this definitely sparked a long conversation over dinner. :)
- "My care bear has a homawk." (She meant to say mohawk!)
- LL: "You have photoshoots every day." Me: "Well, not quite everyday." LL: "Yes, of me!" Well, yeah, I guess that is true.

She asked me to put her bow in her hair. I didn't tell her it didn't match cause I'm just so proud of her that she's able to pick her own clothes out. It also leaves more room for times when I do tell her what to wear. I've actually heard her say things like, "I don't really like that outfit, but I'll wear it because you hardly ever tell me what to wear," when I do mandate her wardrobe. 

7:25 PM purchase boomerang and walk out to field. 

7:26 PM become upset when said-boomerang does not do it's job and gets lost in the road. You had one job! 

Editing, editing, editing! LL decided to take a few pics of me while I was editing.

Apparently I didn't really like that photo. 

She loves taking pics with my phone and telling people she's a photographer! 

She made this card for Bry. 

These were the things she wanted to do today. Let me translate. "Biking. Tennis courts if we can. Velcro mit game. That's it. With love." I just love how she called him B. Hiss. :)

LL was a super awesome helper during two of my sessions today

Love this little boy and his sweet family! 

After the shoot, we made our way to Pie Five.

We've GOT to stop eating out so much! Uncle Julio's for dinner. LL was hiding her menu from us because it said, "Just for kids!"

She loves horses!

A few more random photos to end a random post. This is my super hot husband breaking a board with the side of his hand.

And this one with his elbow.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

2 comments:

  1. Love LL's bows. Second picture of you I SO know, it's a classic Jules face. Bryan's amazing ju-jitso-master (or however it's spelled). Even Mark said, "Wow, every guy would love to be able to do that."

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.