9/22/14

One more time

Many of you have asked how you can help us during this difficult time. I have two simple requests. 

1. Don't judge me. If I break out crying in front of you, or if I don't. After crying for many hours this weekend, I'm almost dried up. 

2. Bring chocolate. Lots of it. Better yet, just drop it off and let Bry, LL and me have some alone time. 

LL's quotes:
- (Referring to my legs, which I shaved this morning) "They kinda look like chicken legs. They're so poofy and black. And I can see your sweat holes." I have no words! 
- "I'm rude enough to talk with food in my mouth, but I'm not rude enough to punch someone."

From Bry: Sad day...I've been avoiding buying these for a while. I figured if we waited until the last minute to buy boxes, we could fool ourselves into thinking our Little Lady was sticking around. 

We're back!!! Every time we think it's the last time we're gonna go there, we end up going one...more...time!

She really has grown up a lot in the last 6 months. Such a precious child.

Breaking ALL the rules tonight. A movie in bed. Candy and popcorn. On a school night. 30 minutes after bedtime. This is one lucky little girl.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:
Oasis (post from Brian)
Why I don't usually write (post from Brian)

LL...if you just stumbled upon this blog and you're freaking out because you see pictures of yourself, please START HERE.

2 comments:

  1. the pink tape made me sad! :( I cant imagine having to do all your doing .. I have no words.. only I am so incredibly amazed at how God has proven his love for all of you through this time.. LL has grown up so much.. she is a precious little girl.. and the parents God gave her for the past 6 months will be in her heart forever.... You and Brian are such a blessing. I will continue to pray for all of you this week as I know this is a rough time... but hopefully God will walk you through it (and lots of chocolate!!! :)

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.