9/19/14

Even if He doesn't

We took our Little Lady geocaching tonight. If you don't know what that is, it's basically the adult version of treasure hunting. And yes, it's as nerdy as it sounds.

It's a great way to get outside and exercise. You follow clues and GPS coordinates to eventually find a hidden treasure. 

Geocaching was on the bucket list, so we decided to scratch that one off and head out to Arbor Hills tonight. 

The bad news was that we didn't find the final geocache, but the good news was that we had a great time together. 

At least that's how Bry and I felt about it. 

LL was visibly upset that we didn't find the final cache (mainly because there are usually little toys or gifts hidden and you can take one if you leave one, which she was prepared to do.)

Bry gave her the typical parent speech called, The journey is more important than the final destination. You know the one. 

I nodded and reassured LL that it was more important to us that we were together as a family and less important if we found a Hello Kitty hair clip in a faux-moss wrapped box. 

Are you listening to yourself?, I asked myself. 

If there's one word I could use to describe our lives the past 5.5 months, it would be journey

I have longed for one answer. One final destination. One outcome. And while I know LL's case isn't going to go the way I want it to, I know that the journey was worth it. 

The little girl who stumbled into our dining room on a Thursday afternoon in April is leaving our home in a few days with a pep in her step, and with confidence and sophistication like no other. 

After she leaves, I know I'll instantly feel regret and sorrow at every turn. Feeling like there was something else I should've told her, or taught her. I needed so much more time with her. 

And then again, Are you listening to yourself??? 

Because I realize that she's on a journey of her own. And I'm only one person in her story. Our stories collided for a time. That time is coming to an end. Oh, how I wish it wasn't. I'm beginning to feel the aches of losing a child, and yet she's just next door. If only there was something we could do to change the outcome. 

So, here I am. Finding comfort with my friends Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, trusting the Lord to do the impossible, but declaring that we'll still serve Him, trust Him, and follow Him even if He doesn't do what we ask. 

LL's quotes:
- Bry: "If Julie and I are ever in (your hometown), what should we do?" LL: "Come over."

This is the pose she wanted to do. Love this girl. 

Searching for part one of the cache.



So, the lady at daycare colored her hair red and then poured glitter all over it. Thanks, lady.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:
Oasis (post from Brian)
Why I don't usually write (post from Brian)

LL...if you just stumbled upon this blog and you're freaking out because you see pictures of yourself, please START HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.