9/12/14

Blessings in disguise

Although this was one of the hardest weeks I've ever had (personally and at work), I have to admit that the week was also full of blessings. Some of them were disguised and hard to pinpoint at first glance, but there were many blessings nonetheless. 

One of the biggest blessings came from you, our readers. There have literally been 300-500 people a day reading and following our journey. Praying for our Little Lady, and for us. Laughing with us. Crying with us. Sending us emails, messages, love, and prayers. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to respond to every message in a timely manner (or at all.) I read every single message, even if I wasn't able to write you back. 

"Thank you" will never be sufficient. I'm so grateful to have all of you, even those of you whom I've never met. I'm so thankful that we randomly decided to start this blog a little over a year ago. 

It's been quite a ride. 

And it ain't over yet. 

LL's quotes:
- "I'm getting smarter everyday. I even know 7 plus 7. It's 12!"
- "You accidentally got some taco on me."
- (While watching the Biggest Loser) "Those people are old and wrinkly. Or maybe they're not as old as they look."
- "I need to secure my lace."

A girl and her puppy. 

My favorite human people and dog people in the whole world! 

Hoodie weather!!!!!!! Also, there's an angel photobombing me. 

"Ms. Julie! Can we please get the frog legs???"

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:
Oasis (post from Brian)
Why I don't usually write (post from Brian)

LL...if you just stumbled upon this blog and you're freaking out because you see pictures of yourself, please START HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.