9/1/14

150 days with LL

"What would happen if I had to leave you this afternoon?"

Hearing this question come from the backseat definitely snapped me put of my Facebook-Pinterest browsing break. 

We talked about what that would mean and how sad we would be if our Little Lady had to leave us. 

We asked her if there would be anything she'd want to do before she left. She requested an ice cream party and then asked if she could take something of Lucy's to remember her by, and something she could give to her dog so it'd almost be like they'd met each other. 

Then she asked, "What if you forget about me?" We reassured her that will NEVER happen. She added, "No, I mean what if you forget some of the little details about me?" "Like how obsessed you are with gravy?" I added. Thankfully, I was able to think pretty quickly on my feet and I proposed an idea one of the foster mommas on Instagram had shared with me (thanks, Gabrielle!) 

I told her that since her birthday is on Dec. 9th, we'd make our special time 12:09. We promised to always think of each other anytime the clock said 12:09. That way, even if we were spread apart, we'd know that the other person was thinking of us right at that time. She seemed to like the idea, as did Bry.

Within seconds, she had changed the topic back to something about her dolls or Barbies.

------------------------------------------------

As of today, our Little Lady has been with us for 150 days. I'm holding on to each precious day we'll have with LL and soaking up each and every moment.

Watching Frozen with my mom yesterday. 

Sweet girl. 

Saying goodbye to my mom and dad before we left this morning. 

We took LL to our favorite burger place for lunch! 

Today was extra special because it was the first time we saw my parents and Bry's parents on the same day!! My mom-in-law is amazing, for several reasons...one of them being that she not only sewed this adorable dress for LL, but she also sewed a matching dress for her baby doll. Sooooo amazing!! 

LL and the Beanie Baby playing at Jan's house. I love how this weekend was full of family time!!!

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:
Oasis (post from Brian)
Why I don't usually write (post from Brian)

LL...if you just stumbled upon this blog and you're freaking out because you see pictures of yourself, please START HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.