8/1/14

What if I forget?

While driving to school this morning, LL and I were talking about a coworker of mine. I was so surprised to find out that she remembered this person's name because she had only met her one time, and it was the very first weekend she was with us. I told her how impressed I was with her memory and that I hope that means she will never forget Bry and me. As always, she replied with, "I'll try, but what if I forget? I'll try! I'll try!" I went on to tell her that I will never, ever, ever, not EVER forget her, no matter what happens. I promised her that I'd think of her every time I saw a side of white gravy, a horse, a Barbie, or a million other things. I wasn't sure if she was listening to me list off all of these things, but then she shouted, "Or nature! Or sugar!"

We spent the next 5 minutes or so shouting out things that will forever cause us to remember each other as I drove her to summer camp.

Most of all, I hope she never forgets how much we loved her, even if she forgets everything else.

LL's quotes:
- Bry: "Have you ever met a teacher who doesn't really like teaching and they should just get a different job because they aren't really nice to kids?" Me: "Yeah, maybe they should work at the mall or Walmart or somewhere like that." LL: "Or, maybe they should be a lawyer." Wow, didn't see that one coming! 
- "Horseshoes and hearts really do go together!" 
- "Worms have two butts. If they slap their face, they might end up accidentally spanking themselves."

I love seeing her style come out. Cheetah print and lace. Nice! 

Hi, there!

I tried to blur myself out...just walking into our favorite place ever. You know, no big deal. I love how her purse is swinging. :)

Walking out of our favorite place ever. 

Just us. 

Best. Quote. Ever.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

LL...if you just stumbled upon this blog and you're freaking out because you see pictures of yourself, please START HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.