8/22/14

I'm not an orphan

We bought a couple gallons of milk today. I hate that my first thought was, I wonder if this will be the last gallon of milk we share together as a family of three. 

LL's quotes:
- LL: "I already had a home. I'm not an orphan. My mom was really tough and she walked me to the car on the day they took me away. My dad wasn't there. It was probably better that way."
- "She's so overrated with the butter." (Translation - Ms. Julie loves butter a little bit too much.)
- "I'm not full full full full full. I still want dessert."
- "A Mexican restaurant AND a new pizza place right behind our house? How could it get better??"

"It's 2 player, Ms. Julie!"

Leaving all-day daycare for the last time.

Just arrived at Meet the Teacher!

School supplies dropped off, name in her books, questionnaire filled out. She's ready to start on Monday! Ironically, her new teacher was a foster parent who adopted her daughter when she was 7 years old.

We've missed our Huskies all summer!

Living room camping...again!


Big hugs.

Holding the door for people at Texas Roadhouse. So sweet!

We decided it was going to be cowboy/cowgirl night tonight.

C, J, and the Beanie Baby even dressed up and J taught her how to two step!

Just us.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:
Oasis (post from Brian)
Why I don't usually write (post from Brian)

LL...if you just stumbled upon this blog and you're freaking out because you see pictures of yourself, please START HERE.

1 comment:

  1. That pic of the three of you is gorgeous! Definitely frame worthy. 💜

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.