8/10/14

Family Quiet Time

We instituted a new tradition today and it's name is "Family Quiet Time." We'd call it nap time, but that'd be controversial.

Family Quiet Time (aka nap time) was just as glorious (for Brian, Lucy, and me) as you would think it might be. The lights went off at 2:00 and we woke up right around 5:00. I half expected to find a sleepy monster in the top bunk when I opened the door, but instead, I found this.


Upon further inspection, I realized that she was wearing a hula skirt, she had taught herself how to use the Rainbow Loom, she was wearing about 10 Rainbow Loom bracelets and rings, and every toy she owned was on the floor.

One of my favorite scenes from the movie "Rocket Man" flashed in my mind...when his fellow colleagues wake up from their 9 month slumber, they find that he had only slept for about 13 minutes and he had completely trashed the space ship. The scene in her bedroom looked pretty similar, as did the look on her face when I opened the door.

I cautiously asked, "What are you up to?" She looked at me with her crazy eyes and said, "THINGS!" with a voice of one who hadn't been able to speak to humans in a while.

We'll see if Family Quiet Time will make it's way back into the Hills house next Sunday. Based on the fabulous nap we most of us had this afternoon, the answer is most likely yes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL's quotes:
- Jan: "What am I gonna do with him?" (referring to my father-in-law, Matt.) LL: "Put him in his own little room."

It's a tragedy that you can't see this beautiful child's face.

LL brought this to me after church today. This was one of the first times she had written down her real fears. Usually, if someone asks her what the scariest thing was that ever happened to her, she'll say something like, "The time I got bit by a mosquito." I'm proud of her for being able to be honest on paper about her real fears. I hope she took this scripture to heart...the Lord is with her, even in the scary, awful, terrible times.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

LL...if you just stumbled upon this blog and you're freaking out because you see pictures of yourself, please START HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.