8/9/14

Molding and sculpting

"You don't need to wait in my room at night anymore, Ms. Julie. I'm a second grader now."

Our Little Lady is definitely growing up. Literally right before our eyes. The shorts we bought her only two months ago are fitting a little too snugly now. Her shirts are getting just a little too tight. And I can tell when she hugs me that she's getting taller, and older, and wiser.

I'd give anything to be able to spend forever with her, watching her grow and change. 

Since that will most likely not happen, I'll take in every new freckle and tan line while I have the chance now. 

Our girl is growing up! 

Not just physically, but emotionally, too. I've watched her evolve into a caring, empathetic little girl who reminds me quite often to think about how my words and actions could affect other people. (Well, not really people...it's usually inanimate objects that she thinks I'm hurting their feelings.) 

I can see Jesus working on her heart, molding and sculpting and chiseling away at the pieces that do not conform to His. 

No matter what happens, it was the greatest blessing of my life to be able to watch a child transform into a child of God right before my eyes in a matter of months. It is nothing short of amazing

LL's quotes:
I'll preface this by telling you that I love listening to the conversations between LL and her best friend while they're playing and talking in the back seat. It is hilarious!
- (LL to her BFF) "Can I tell you the most excitingest thing ever? I saw my mommy and daddy yesterday!"
- (LL to her BFF) "You're turning into me a little bit, and I'm turning into you, too."
- LL's BFF: "What do you like to eat?" LL: "Macaroni and cheese." BFF: "I already know that. Tell me something I don't know, like do you like socks??" LL: "No, only when I'm doing ballet practice in the living room."
- "Video games were invented the year I was born."
- "There aren't any holes in the car. How can we breathe in here?"
- When I told our Little Lady that I was going to get my hair cut this morning, she said, "Usually hair styles only look good on people with blonde hair." Wellllllllll then...we're still working on the whole self image thing and where we get our worth and value from. We still have a long way to go, but at least she immediately caught what she said and fixed it this time.

Dinner on Thursday night with her BFF! 

Dinner on Friday night with the Merritt's!

Breakfast bagels after one of the roughest weeks of our lives. 

Hair cut today!!

Dinner tonight at Twisted Root burgers! 

I can tell how hard our week has been based on the number of times we've eaten out. Oops! :/ At least we had time to be with friends!!

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:

LL...if you just stumbled upon this blog and you're freaking out because you see pictures of yourself, please START HERE.

1 comment:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.