8/25/14

Forever

LL's quotes:
- "I wear mitchmatch socks every day."
- "My teeth are always extra wiggly and bouncy when I first wake up in the morning."
- "Alls I heard was, 'tiger stomach.'"
- "Were things more peaceful around here before I came?"

First day of 2nd grade! 

LL and Lucy Lou. 

Lucy wishes she could go to 2nd grade, too. 

First day of school pancakes/Bry's birthday pancakes made by yours truly. 

Walking her to class on the first day! 

It was both of their special day, so naturally, they chose Testa. :)

May have been our last time there. :(

We continued the birthday celebration at home with brownies and presents. 

LL's present to him was his favorite, of course! 

Me: "Mr. Brian is going to keep it (his bday present) forever. It's so special to him." LL: "Not forever. I'm not gonna be here forever." Me: "He will keep it forever, even if you don't live here." LL: "I won't see him forever, though." Me: "I hope Mr. Brian and I can see you when you get older." LL: "My mom won't let me see you when I'm older." Me: "I mean when you're old and grown up and wrinkly and gray. I hope we can still visit you." LL: "I'm going to live with my mom and dad forever, so I won't be able to see you."

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:
Oasis (post from Brian)
Why I don't usually write (post from Brian)

LL...if you just stumbled upon this blog and you're freaking out because you see pictures of yourself, please START HERE.

1 comment:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.