10/3/14

Learning our new "normal"

When we first discussed taking this week off, I wasn't sure if we'd need that much time. I thought maybe I'd only need a day or two to grieve the loss of our Little Lady, and then I could return to work. I'm so thankful that Bry convinced me to take the whole week. While the grieving process has no "end date," we were able to spend a lot of time talking about her and sharing our favorite memories with her. We were also able to sleep, and rest, and catch up on non-G rated movies and TV shows. 

We miss her like crazy, but I feel like we're going to make it. 

First date night in months. First time I've put on makeup in about two weeks. 

We missed our Little Lady a lot today. I'm so thankful that we can buy and mail her cards and gifts when we miss her on days like this. 

Brian has mastered the art of smoked sirloin nachos. They're amazing! 

Yummmm!

Add some pico, guac, and sour cream, and it'll be delish. I promise!! The only thing that would've made it better would be if LL could've enjoyed these with us.

Friday morning. Lucy was all dressed up and ready to go, but her dad left her at home. :)

So beautiful. After renting a canoe on Tuesday, he decided to buy his own on Wednesday. I know we'll make a lot of memories in this boat, and I hope we can take our Little Lady on canoe rides if she's able to come up to visit! 

Enjoying an early morning canoe ride. 

***********************************************************************************************************************************

About Us: 

We began our foster journey in mid-August 2013. We finished our classes in October, had our home study in early January, and we were licensed on February 7, 2014. After seven calls from CPS, we received our first placement, a 7-year-old girl (our Little Lady, or LL for short) on April 3, 2014. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about our journey through the craziness that is foster care. Most importantly, thanks for your prayers, love, and support. We hope to encourage fellow foster/adoptive parents as we document our ups and downs each day. 

Key Posts:
Oasis (post from Brian)
Why I don't usually write (post from Brian)

LL...if you just stumbled upon this blog and you're freaking out because you see pictures of yourself, please START HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure when ours leave I'm taking a month off from home and going away with my bio daughter. It will be so hard but I know i can't rationally keep them.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.