9/22/13

Chrys' Shower!

I must begin this post with a little story we'll call, "Not sure if this comment will keep us from becoming licensed foster parents." I know, it's a long title, but hear me out...during our child abuse class on Thursday night, we heard a lot of heartbreaking information about the terrors these precious children have to endure. At one point, our facilitator began listing the characteristics of a typical sex predator, which included the following: 
- wants to spend long periods of time with the child/ren
- likes to buy gifts for the child/ren
- continues to ask the child's parents when they can babysit or see the child again

Well, I just couldn't hold my comment in; without giving it a second thought, I just shouted out, "This just sounds like the qualities of an amazing aunt." I thought this was hilarious, but it took people a minute to catch on...we'll see in the next few weeks if I've compromised our licensing efforts! 

Now, on to something else...

WOW. What a (full, non-stop, crazy, FUN, blessed) weekend! 

We started the weekend with a date night on Friday night at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. It was such a neat place! We'll definitely be back. http://drafthouse.com/dfw/richardson


Saturday morning began with CPI (safe child restraint) training for Bry and a meeting with a few teachers for me. After brunch, I headed to Plano for Heather Mitchell's baby shower. (Apparently one baby shower wasn't enough for one weekend - more on that later!) 

Saturday night Bry and I went to Matt and Jan's in Wylie to have dinner with the Weiss' and the Wilson's. It was such a great night! Two hours of laughing did something amazing to our bodies and our spirits. :)

This morning began with worship at Cross Bend; we hadn't been able to attend church in 2 weeks. Right after church ended, Jan and I kicked it into high gear and began decorating for Chrys' baby shower!!! 

Jan and I did a "Construction Zone" theme. It was so fun! Here are a few pics:
 


We played "The Price is Right: Baby Edition" with the items in this truck. The guests had to guess the price of each item, then Chrys and Josh took the truckload home! 


Jan did a fabulous job making the cupcakes and I had so much fun making the cupcake toppers. They said things like, "Baby Construction Zone," "Roadwork next 8 Weeks," and Bennett's sweet name, of course! 

One of the BEST things about the whole weekend was that Anie and MJ came up for the shower! I got to spend a few hours with my baby girl! 


The parents with the new grandmas! Chrystal's mom, Josh, Chrystal, and Jan (Josh/Bry's mom)! 

Josh all geared up in his "daddy diaper duty survival kit!" 

Yeah! All 4 of us! We can't wait to meet you, baby Bennett! You're already loved by so many friends and family! 

Lastly, Bry and I have officially decided to move forward with fostering classes, become licensed, and welcome children into our home if and when the Lord brings them into our lives. This. Is. Exciting!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Oh the you are such a good aunt!! :-) I am glad you LOVE your babies in your life. Your SIL shower looked soooooo fun too!! Love you dear friend~ I am praying about your fostering journey!! HUGS! MISS YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.