10/7/13

Choices

I am apprehensive to post this tonight, as it will simultaneously reveal how incredible my husband is and how inept I am as his wife sometimes. But, the world must know...

I knew I married a great man with a great heart, but I didn't know just how big that heart was a decade ago. I wish I could list all of the things he has done in the last 11 days, but I don't think I could even remember everything (see above: incompetent wife!) 

So, here's a short list of what I can remember...
- basically designed/built the kids' room from floor to ceiling
- stayed up until 7 AM this morning to finish the application
- submitted our 58 page fostering application (today!!!!)
- purchased all of the required tools/items we need to have (and took the time to return said items when they didn't fit or didn't work)
- remained patient and loving when I forgot to look for my college degree, even after asking me everyday for about a week
- etc, etc, ETC!!!

I am so thankful that above all, he chooses me everyday. He chooses to love me unconditionally, even when I fall (VERY) short of perfection, or even what most people would consider to be an "Ok" standard. He chooses patience, gentleness, and sacrifice. He chooses to mirror Christ in His life - in the small things AND in the big things. Thankful, grateful, and glad do not even begin to describe how happy I am that I made the smartest decision of my life when I chose to partner with him and walk alongside him as his extremely lucky wife. 

Thank you, babe, for choosing us every minute of everyday. I love you so much! 

......................................................................................................

Also, I spy a frog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.