1/11/14

Home Study: Complete!

Bring on the waiting game! 

We had our five hour home study today...about 3 hours of it included both of us, and then an hour with each of us individually. I think we answered about 150+ questions by the time it was all said and done. Some of the questions were extremely personal. We're slowly familiarizing ourselves with the open-book nature of the foster world. For someone like Bry who is a very private person, this is a major adjustment. 

In addition to the emotionally-demanding task of the home study, I also found out that three of my friends are pregnant today! While I'm beyond excited for them, it is another reminder that it just isn't our time, and may never be. Looks like baby showers are in the near future...and more maternity and newborn photo shoots!!!

We are very grateful for our sweet friends, Chris and Allison, who fed us a delicious dinner after a long, tiring day, and who love my husband unconditionally, even when he does his best toddler impersonation. 


So, now we wait. We hope to be licensed in about a month, but it could be longer. We're praying for patience, and appreciate all the prayers and support from our amazing friends and family! 

2 comments:

  1. Can you give some examples of the questions? Especially the extremely personal ones? We're just starting on the adoption from foster process and I'm trying to learn everything that I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah -

      I looked through my emails thinking I had an emailed copy of our home study to look at the questions, but I couldn't find anything. However, a Google search led me to this site which has some fantastic info! I hope this helps and good luck to you! http://www.fostercareqanda.com/blog/what-happens-during-the-foster-care-homestudy

      Delete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.