2/2/14

Our first little visitors...well, kind of!

We had the pleasure of doing respite care for another foster family this weekend for a 4 year old girl and a 4 month old baby boy. I suppose we could consider this to be good "practice" before we receive our first placement, but it was actually kind of like student teaching at Carrollton Christian Academy - I had 13 angels in my classroom who waited on each other hand and foot, who said, "Thank you," and "Yes m'am," and who turned in all of their homework on time or even early. What did that prepare me for? Definitely not a "real" classroom full of 23 not-as-polite kiddos. Don't get me wrong! I absolutely LOVED my job as a teacher, but I didn't feel like the perfect, dream world at CCA set me up for success at a "normal" public school. In the same way, I am keeping my feelings and expectations in check because I don't want to start thinking that every four year old will be as fun, polite, and outgoing as Ms. A! Who knows, maybe they will be, but I'm keeping my expectations pretty low. 

We had a jam-packed weekend that included an afternoon movie at the theater, play time at Chick-fil-A and a picture with the cow, playing "baking assistant" to Bry while he made a cake, playing Viva PiƱata party animals on the Xbox, a few dance parties in the living room, and lots of play time with Lucy Lou. 

It wasn't hard to instantly fall in love with these two kiddos (even though the little guy gave us a serious run for our money both nights when he decided he actually didn't like sleeping in a crib.) I know they were only with us for three days, but we already miss them and I'm finding it hard to clean the room and wash the sheets. We'll pray for them and their family's situation every day. 

If everything goes according to plan, the agency will review our home study with the board of directors tomorrow at 1:30!!! We're praying that we get a call shortly after, but it could be a few days or weeks before we hear if we're officially licensed. 


Lucy misses her friends, but she's happy to have things back to "normal."




3 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had fun! Also look a little tired....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea idk why it made the same comment three times

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did have fun, Travis! And yes, we are still recovering from the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.